Walking along the beaches in south Florida, you get a good view of the blue water, the golden sand, the gorgeous sunshine and, of course, the toned and taut bodies that walk along those beaches. Everyone wants to look their very best, especially when they are wearing their favorite bikini out on those beaches or are wearing a body conscious dress at the hottest nightspot. Sometimes you can achieve the body that you want through diet and exercise, and sometimes you need a little help from the plastic surgeons of south Florida. One of the most popular procedures they are doing is the Brazilian butt lift.
The Basics of the Brazilian Butt Lift ProcedureTo achieve the look of a fuller, sleeker and more lifted backside, surgeons have two options. The first is a butt implant, which involves opening a slit into the skin and inserting an implant. That implant will be made of either saline or silicone and will require stitches to close the wound and a lengthy recovery period.
On the other hand, the Brazilian butt lift is a fat transfer process that involves taking fat from other parts of the body, purifying it and then re-injecting it back into the body. The surgeon will typically want to harvest fat from two areas of the body for symmetry as well as to ensure that they have enough fat to deal with for the whole procedure.
The process to remove the fat is simply liposuction, which contours the areas of the body around the buttocks. Most plastic surgeons opt to remove fat from the area of the back just above the butt, the stomach and the thighs. Once the surgeon removes the fat and it is purified, special cannulas are used to replace it back into the areas of the buttocks that will make it fuller, rounder and more lifted.
Who May Not Be Able to Have the Brazilian Butt LiftWomen who are too thin may not have enough fat to remove for the surgeon to use. They may be asked to try to gain a little bit of weight or may have to consider using the open procedure to place butt implants instead of using the Brazilian butt lift. Others may not be able to use this procedure, including those who:
- Take certain medications that increase bleeding time
- Take certain herbal products that can also increase bleeding time
Benefits of the Brazilian Butt Lift Procedure
- One of the biggest benefits of the Brazilian butt lift is the lowered risk of infection. Any surgery that requires opening the skin causes a higher risk of contamination and can increase the risk of infection as well. Because this is technically a closed procedure, the threat of infection is much lower.
- Secondly, because the procedure combines liposuction with the contouring, it can change the appearance and outline of the body dramatically.
- Third, because the plastic surgeon is using purified fat from your own body, there are no worries about foreign items being inserted into your body, which can lead to rejections and other issues.
Recovering from the Brazilian Butt Lift Procedure
Once you have agreed to have this procedure, your plastic surgeon will explain your recovery orders. It is important to follow these exactly so that you don't interfere with healing or ruin your results. When the procedure is finished, you will be placed in a special garment that is meant to reduce swelling. You will continue to wear the garment for two weeks. Swelling will be completely gone in around six weeks. You will not be allowed to sit directly on your bottom for around three weeks, sitting instead on a special cushion to minimize pressure. You will be allowed to return to work in two weeks and all normal activities in four weeks.