Are you unhappy with the size and shape of your breasts and considering having breast implants augmentation surgery to correct the problem? If so, then you have a lot of things that you need to consider before making your final decision.
Plastic surgery is not always best for everyone, and you need to figure out if this is something that is going to work for you, or if you need to look into other avenues. If you live in Miami or other parts of Florida, there are many breast implants surgeons you can speak with to learn more about everything that is involved in this type of surgery, as well as alternatives to surgery.
Reasons to Get Breast Implants
One of the things that you are going to need to consider before having breast implant surgery is why you want to have the surgery in the first place. Everyone has their own reasons for wanting breast implants, and it could be that there are many reasons why you want to have this type of surgery, including:
- To even breasts if they are different sizes
- To increase the fullness of your breasts
- To improve your self-image and make you feel more confident in the way you look
- To get clothes to fit you better
- To reconstruct a breast or both breasts following a mastectomy
There are also reasons why you should not consider having breast implants. If you are thinking about getting them just to get more attention, you may regret it later on. There is such a thing as the wrong kind of attention, and this may be what you get, especially if you decide to have large implants.
Questions to Ask Yourself
If you are considering breast enlargement surgery, you should take some time to really think about it, and ask yourself a few important questions. The more you ask, the more you will learn about yourself, and whether or not breast implants are right for you.
Some of the things that you will need to consider include:
- Why do I want to have breast implants?
- Will breast implants make me feel better about myself?
- Do I really want to go through a surgical procedure?
- Are there other ways I can improve the appearance of my breasts without resorting to surgery?
- Can I afford to have plastic surgery?
- Do I have the patience required for the healing process?
- Am I expecting miracles?
You may have other things to consider as well. This is something that is different for everyone, and each person who has breast augmentation surgery has her own specific reasons for doing so.
Talk to Your Surgeon
Before having breast implants, or any other type of plastic surgery, it is essential that you have a long talk with your surgeon and ask as many questions as you can about his or her background and experience, and the procedure itself. You should ask to see before and after photos from previous patients, and ask to talk to other patients so you can learn what they thought about their experiences.
Have a list of questions ready for your visit, so you can be sure of learning everything you need to know. Some of the questions you should ask include:
- What are your qualifications?
- What is your success rate?
- What is involved in the procedure?
- What type of anesthesia is used?
- Will I have to stay overnight?
- What is required for after care, and how long will it take to completely heal?