Breast augmentation continues to be one of the most popular plastic surgery procedures in the United States. As the summer approaches, images of beach bodies and bikinis are popping up. Of course, proper diet and exercise are the most important ways to optimize your health and your beach body, but sometimes people are looking for that extra touch.
Patients have so many options when considering breast enhancement surgery. The best way to find out about the latest techniques and options is to schedule a consultation with a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon, who can help you decide what procedure would be best for you.
Remember that your friends and relatives will have lots of advice for you when they hear that you are considering breast implants, but only you and your doctor can decide what are the best choices for you. Every body is different, and everyone has different goals regarding the size, shape and character of the breasts that they want.
It is best to come to your consult prepared with the questions you have so that these can all be addressed to your satisfaction.
Questions should include:
- Is your doctor board certified by The American Board of Plastic Surgery?
- How many breast surgeries has your doctor performed?
- What type of incision does your doctor recommend, and what incision would you prefer?
- Would silicone or saline implants work better for your particular case?
- What are the differences between these implants, and which are you comfortable with?
- Where does your doctor recommend placing the implants; behind or in front of the chest muscle?
- How will this effect how the implants look and feel?
- What should you expect after the surgery in terms of recovery?
- Does your doctor place any restrictions on your activity after the surgery and for how long?
- Will you need any other procedures besides a breast augmentation, breast lift, areolar reduction, etc?
- How will these affect the expected result and the recovery?